We believe culture plays an important part in achieving quality of life in Sussex, helping create and sustain vibrant communities, supporting social cohesion, and underpinning economic success.
We work strategically with local, regional and national partners to enable and deliver important new cultural initiatives and to help the creative and cultural sectors capitalise on funding and development opportunities. In doing so, we support artists and arts companies to create high-quality arts projects with communities in Sussex.
Supporting creative infrastructure
Our vision for Creatives Across Sussex is to enable communities across the whole of Sussex to benefit socially and economically from a thriving and sustainable arts and creative infrastructure.
Working in partnership
We achieve our vision by working in partnership with:
- Local authorities – to assist in achieving the social and economic objectives which benefit their communities
- The business community in Sussex – to enable agendas of Corporate Social Responsibility to benefit those in the workplace and in the wider community
- Funding bodies – by adding value to investment in the arts through the broadening of funding bases
- Communities in Sussex – to involve and engage local people in creative activities that enhance skills, well-being and arts appreciation
- The arts and creative community – as an enabler and advocate for the work of artists, producers and companies in Sussex and beyond
View the Creative Directory